Tuesday 1 May 2012

Reading on a Rainy Day

Ah the rain. Last week we were screaming drought now we are planning flood control, don't you just love UK weather? On the upside it is actually the perfect weather for a snuggly day in. Mine has been filled with reading, studying and of course catching up on Desperate Housewives (I love that programme!). Plus an excessive amount of snacks and caffeine of course. I currently am not in a position to create my own reading snug, but if I did it would probably look something like this:






Amazing. I found this on the web and it almost exactly matches my ideal reading corner, including the dog! I am currently reading 'Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything' by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is a journal documenting the author's travels through Italy, India and Indonesia whilst she searches for true pleasure and inner peace. You may have already seen the film, I haven't as I knew I wanted to read the book and don't like to ruin the novel by watching the film, which is almost always diabolical, with the exception of the Harry Potter films. I am half way through and have already been inspired by the book as I am now completely fascinated about Italy. I want to visit there, learn the language, eat the food and learn all about the history. It sounds like the most incredible country and I cannot believe I have never considered visiting there already.

I have also spent my day researching writing communities and sources of inspiration on the web. I have found a website called writerscafe.org which seems promising and a good place to share ideas with others. This is one issue I have at the moment, I know I want to write but I have no idea what about or where to start! Hopefully I will get some inspiration from that website.

I have of course also been studying the next section of my module - history. It is studying protest and is actually a lot more interesting than I thought it would and easy to understand too which is good. Overall I have had an enjoyable rainy day, tomorrow sadly I am back at work.... booo.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun, what do you think of how Elizabeth comes across? My friends have universally slated her but I love her sense of make it happenness, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I really enjoy her writing style to be honest. There are times when I don't relate to her if she is discussing her religion but otherwise I find her very inspiring. I love her bravery and passion and love how she has learned to adapt herself to be a more spontaneous, positive person. I am finding the book very interesting overall! Thanks for the comment, it is great to hear other people's thoughts :)

      Delete