Monday 9 April 2012

The latest False Start?

I have finally decided that I want to study a combined degree of English Language and Arts History. Ideally I want to change my career path to a much more creative route, which is why I have chosen English Language as it would open up many options such as Marketing, Publishing, PR etc. I would also like to improve my writing skills and one day hope to be a writer of sorts.

My research into a writing career has suggested I should write a journal daily as this helps develop your writing style and I suppose make you more comfortable with the written word. I like writing so this was never going to be a chore, but my biggest concern is which medium?

I am well aware my creativity flows more freely on a computer, but how convenient is that? Plus, an electronic diary seems a little cold to me.

Then again, at the same time my handwriting is terrible as I am too lazy and impatient to write neatly and slowly. Dean, my boyfriend, suggested a blog which I did initially think would be too public. However, I have decided to give it a go anyway. I do actually have to admit here that I have already started two blogs previously, one on my creative discoveries which lasted all of two posts and one documenting my progress on an arts course. The latter lasted much longer, however I didn't complete the course and the blog was abandoned.

However, I am determined to make this one work as it will be handy for when myself and Dean go travelling to keep friends and family updated.

Here's to my new blog! Wish me luck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment