Thursday 12 April 2012

Journal Consistency

Evidently writing a daily journal was not quite realistic, so I have now agreed that it will be ok to do it a few times a week instead.

I am currently studying a openings module with The Open University called 'Making sense of the arts'. I signed up to it last year and started it in March with the idea that it would ease me in to studying at degree level and help decide if I am capable of distance learning before I sign up to a full degree. So far it is going well and I have been studying the Poetry section and am about to submit my first assignment to my tutor. When I receive the feedback from my tutor I should have a better idea of how well  I will do whilst studying a degree.

I also made plans this year to go travelling through Asia and Australia with my boyfriend Dean. Unfortunately this may take a couple of years with a view to consider settling down in Australia if we like it enough. I love this idea, yet it also completely clashes with my original plans to complete a degree in the UK. So, I am currently exploring ways around this which include researching similar degrees at the Australian Open University. Hopefully I will feel much less panicky once I have a clearer view of my options. I have actually contacted the OU already to see if they have many students who study whilst travelling, which was one of my other options to maintain my studying with the English OU. I am awaiting a response from them but I don't think it will be promising.

Either way, my current plan is to study the next module whilst travelling, as it does not have an end of year exam and I can submit my assignments online too. As this is the main module of my degree, it will also put me in a better position to study humanities at the Australian OU if I choose too.


No comments:

Post a Comment