Friday 15 June 2012

Insecurities

So, here's my concern: what if writing talent is like most talents, you either have it or you don't?

I am really struggling with the travel writing course, everyone else seems to be better than me? I'm no longer sure that I can actually be good at this. I love it and want to do it and know that like anything practise makes perfect. I'm just not sure I have it in me to be better.

I am researching continously ways to improve my writing. I am reading 'How To' books which include writing styles and grammar basics. I am researching travel articles to improve my understanding of good travel writing. Yet, every time I write something it just comes out all cheesy and flawed.

I suspect the problem is that I haven't found my writer's voice yet and combining that with my hard core impatience is making me feel insecure.

This is why my ambitions change so often; I give up as soon as I think I won't be good at something.

I am going to keep trying, I have to complete the course anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment